Sunday, January 21, 2024

A Few Of My Favorite Things


 

1. Sunglasses. My favorite pair. I love to wear them out, even when they don't appropriately fit the situation. They remind me of Elton John: someone who isn't ashamed to live. That is the way I want to liveboundless and dynamic. 

2. Microphone. I have always loved music and I will always search for my future in it. I play piano and bass and love meeting new people through playing. A big part of my world is connecting through music, playing, listening, and creating. Recently, I have been having fun recording music with this microphone!

3. Camera. Looking back at old photos helps to see where we are now and where we were then. So many fun photoshoots with friends behind those lenses. It's always interesting to think of thoughts when flipping through memories. Sometimes, I wonder if my thoughts on these photos will change in the future and if I will even remember the current thoughts I'm currently thinking. Capturing moments in film and waiting for them to develop can be extremely satisfying! (or unsatisfying if the exposure came out bad... haha.)

4. Cowboy Boot. The Wild West. Sort of. One of my favorite events in history to learn about is the American frontier. I find it interesting, with some stories being grand and others being heartbreaking. I love depicting this time in history through painting. 

5. Rollerskate. These have, indeed, seen better days. The wheels have turned for miles and miles, through laughs and dancing. My best memories I have made rollerskating with my best friends in the summer, putting hours in the skatepark and roller rink. My wheel marks will forever be ingrained to the Wildwood boardwalk. Rollerskating, the habit I could never break despite all the scars and injuries it has brought me. I love the thrill!

6. Comb. To represent my hair. Many things change throughout a persons life, but somethings don't. My hair is something I never change, rarely cut, and never dye. It has always been a knotted, long mess that takes forever to dry. I'm not saying it won't ever change, but up to this point it hasn't—and I wouldn't be surprised if the only thing that will change it is with age. 

7. Bracelets. To represent my sister. Once my sister gifted me a bracelet when she went away for college and I wore it every day. Throughout time, I accumulated more bracelets and always wore them in fashion. The ones specifically in the photo I received from friends I made at concerts. However, there will always be the one who started my bracelet obsession and that will be my sisters. My sister started a lot of things for me, other than just bracelets, and I am grateful she is in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Figurative Bust

  Fur and Pearls   Air dry clay, acrylic ink, wood   2.5” x 1.5” x 3”   Bison Head   Air dry clay, acrylic ink, wood   2 ”  x 2 ”  x 3 ”  ...